Edamame & butternut squash with goat cheese

Hello! I haven't posted in ages, have I? For shame, I know. But I have good news, I'm going to be working on that! Over the past... two years (aargh I can't believe it's really been that long!) I've gotten a new, much much better camera, as well as acquired better and more adventurous cooking skills.. and while I haven't been posting recipes, I have been taking pictures of dishes I make, so I have a handy little backlog of them I can work from for the next little while. Thus I can be both lazy and productive, yay!

edamame & butternut squash with goat cheese


First up is this edamame and butternut squash recipe. I tried it once and I was hooked right away. It's got edamame, it's got butternut squash, it's got goat's cheese. Really, what more could you want?

Ingredients

2 cups butternut squash, cubed (aka roughly the contents of one squash)
1 cup peeled edamame (you can get them pre-peeled in some stores)
3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
goat cheese, 1 small medallion per serving
salt and pepper to taste

Directions


  1. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes and saute in olive oil over medium-high heat. Once it's cooked for a few minutes, add the garlic and salt and pepper. Cover.
  2. Continue stirring every few minutes. The edges of the squash will start to get crisp and brown as the squash gets softer. Increase the heat to high.
  3. Once the squash is just cooked, add the edamame and cook for a few more minutes (about 10-12 minutes total).
  4. When ready to serve, toss in goat cheese.

Comments