I love me some nom noms / Basic crepes

Oh my, first post!
So here's the gist of it. I love good food, but I don't really cook that often. Next year I'll be moving away from home to go to university, and so I want to learn to make at least a few basic dishes so that I don't have to live off cereal and ramen. Over the past year or so (hooray for blog-creating procrastination!!) I've gathered a couple of good recipes and have even made a few of my own. This will be my place to gather and share the yummies I cook (or merely mix) up :) I hope you find this useful and enjoy trying some new foods!


So, onto my first recipe: basic crepes

Photobucket

I love crepes, oh, how I love crepes. They're filling and healthy and oh-so yummy! I especially love this recipe and I make them as often as I have both fresh berries and a lazy morning. I originally looked this up because I wanted something tasty to make for breakfast at my boyfriend's apartment, but didn't know if he'd have baking soda or other similar ingredients required to make pancakes or scones.

The thing I love about the site I got this from, is that you can type in the number of servings you need, and it will calculate the amount of the ingredients required. Super handy!

Here's the recipe for 8 regular crepes. (For whatever reason, my first crepe is ALWAYS a garbage crepe.)

INGREDIENTS
1 &1/2 cups flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons melted butter

DIRECTIONS
  1.  In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, milk and water. Add the salt and butter and beat until smooth.
  2.  Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over med-high heat. Poor approx 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the batter at a time onto the frying pan. Either tilt the pan in a circular motion or use the bottom of the ladle to make the the batter coats the pan evenly.
  3.  Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, or until the bottom is light brown. Use a spatula (the thinest you have!) to loosen and flip the crepe. Cook the other side, then cover in deliciousness and enjoy!

TIPS
You can put anything you like on your crepe, from icing sugar, to fresh fruit, to cheese and ham. My absolute favorite though, is nutella, fresh berries and banana, then cover the wrapped crepe in whipped cream! (putting the whipped cream inside the crepe will make it melt and thus, be less amazing)

Photobucket

Comments